Bible Passage(s): Luke 1: 57 - 58
Memory Verse: “Now Elizabeth's full time came for her to be delivered, and she brought forth a son. When her neighbours and relatives heard how the Lord had shown great mercy to her, they rejoiced with her.'' Luke 1:57-58
The story of Elizabeth and Zacharias her husband, and the events leading to the birth of John the Baptist come to mind this month of February. I believe God wants to re-emphasize to us His presence and relevance in our lives.
Elizabeth and John have lived together for many years without having a child. As it was then, Elizabeth was accounted for as a barren woman. There were other people in the Bible who were referred to as being barren. For example, Hannah the wife of Elkanah, who eventually gave birth to Samuel, the great Prophet in Israel - 'Hannah became pregnant and in due time bore a son and named him Samuel ....'1 Sam 1:20. There is also the story of Sarah and Abraham, who bore Isaac at old age! These examples go to show that in the fullness of God’s for a man or woman, God shows them great mercy and tampers with the laws of nature to turn things in their favor. Then their neighbours and relatives when they hear their story will come and rejoice with them.
God's full time comes in the life of a man or woman depending on their needs and circumstances. When a man or woman waits on God or believes God for intervention in one particular situation or the other in his or her life and God meets the need, it is said that God's full time has come for that individual. I believe God is telling us that His full time for us this month. He will show us great mercy this month and do us well.
The Bible says that many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers them from all of them. Our afflictions are over this month! Individually and collectively as a nation, Gods time has come for us, He will show us great mercy and do us well. Though your crying may endure for one night, joy comes in the morning! Rejoice! Your set time of favor has come. Mary found favor and great mercy from God and became the channel of blessing to mankind, through whom our Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world, came into human life. You will find favor and great mercy this month in Jesus name.
Arise, you who are afflicted by sickness, despair, fear, discouragement, lack and joblessness, put on your dancing shoes, because God's full time to turn things around in your life has come!
May the Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, may the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
1. Thank the Lord for His Word that has come to us this month. Ask that He will make this your month of favor and great mercy.
2. Pray that He will restore all that the cankerworm and the palmerworm has destroyed in your life and that He will restore the times for you;
3. Pray that the Lord will make you a delightsome land this month and cause people to rejoice with you.
4. Pray for Nigeria and ask that the Lord will turn around her captivity and deliver her from the menace of cattle herdsmen and the evil men and women who are daily shedding innocent blood.
5. Pray for wisdom and understanding from our leaders and that they will rise up to the occasion, totally purging themselves of ethnic and religious tendencies. That they will act as statesmen who will work to bring peace and unity back to our land.
6. Pray and ask that the Lord will deliver us from religious bigotry and rid our land of nepotism and corruption
7. Pray that the Lord will continue to bring peace to our World and that this year. That He will perfect all that He has started to restore security and prosperity to our world.
This month, you will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water. You will blossom, bud, flower and bring forth pleasant fruits of joy, abundance, peace and exceeding gains in all your ways.