Tuesday 1, December 2015
Bible Passage: Psalm 12
Memory Verse: “For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, Now I will arise, ''says the Lord; I will set him in the safety for which he yearns''' Psalm 12:5
Welcome to the month of December; the month that marks the end of a year and heralds in a new one. So as we prepare for the festivities and transit into the new year, the Lord brought to us this month a message of hope and assurance. The year 2015 has indeed been a very eventful one for us, individually and collectively. Individually, many of us faced challenges too numerous to recount. Corporately, many nations experienced both good and bad times. Economically, the world witnessed a downturn and scarcity of funds was the order of the day.
Insecurity, fear and terrorism were practically a daily experience in many parts of the world. Many lives and properties were ruined and untold hardship was unleashed on the people. The world indeed is at a crossroad! We wait eagerly for the Prince of Peace to come and reign in our world!
However, the Word of the Lord to us in January this year, was indeed fulfilled in our lives: ''..... this year, your experience will be as contained in the blessing of Moses upon the tribe of Asher in Deuteronomy 33:26-29; "There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, 'Destroy him!' So Israel will live in safety alone; Jacob's spring is secure in a land of grain and new wine, where the heavens drop dew. Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword. Your enemies will cower before you, and you will trample down their high places."
Therefore as we look up to another year, the message of the Lord to us that of hope and assurance. The Lord has declared the year 2016 a year of Peace and Security. The Prince of Peace will arise with healing in His wings to keep us safe and bring peace to our world. We will dwell secured and safe in our lands.
We have this assurance that the Words of the Lord are sure. He will establish His Words which He has spoken to us. So as we enter the new month of December today, celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, let us do so with thanksgiving in our hearts for all the Lord did for us in the year 2015. Let us approach His presence with praises declaring that this is the month that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad, because He will make us to enter into the new year safely and secured.
Praise His Holy Name forever. Hallelujah!
Prayer Points for the month
- Look back through the year 2015 and bring into remembrance all that the Lord did for you. Praise His Holy name and thank Him. What about the near misses, the miraculous escape and deliverance? Think deeply and look for reasons to be grateful.
- Thank the Lord for your nation and bless His Holy name for all He did. Despite the economic downturn,. the Lord still provided for you in miraculous ways. If not for the Lord, what will you now say? He deserves your praises and thanksgiving.
- Pray as you prepare to enter the new year, that the Lord will take you into it with praises, rejoicing and in safety.
- Pray for your nation and our world and ask that the Lord will bring about a total turnaround for the better. Ask that he will make all wars to cease and will bring a complete stop to the reign of terror in our lands. That His peace will come to our world.
- Pray that the Lord will bring back the era of abundance to our nations and our world. That our hearts will rejoice, praising His Holy Name forever.
May the Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen. Have a wonderful month.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New year in Advance.
President, Grace Leadership Foundation.
Tuesday 1, December 2015
Throughout this month, your anchor shall hold secured in the Lord. You shall not be moved. He will guide you and you shall land safely into year 2016. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance.