Bible Passage : 2 Corinthians 8: 1 - 15
Memory Verse; "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.'' 2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV
Grace is an act of favour and goodwill that is freely given, not as a right. It can also be defined as God's mercy and favour towards mankind. At all levels, Grace comes from God. He is the sole author and giver of Grace and because He is gracious, He can also empower us to give Grace to others. So within the body of faith, we can enjoy grace directly from God and also from each other as God empowers us. Grace is therefore not only about receiving, we are also to give grace to each other, so that the Grace of God towards us can continue to abound.
The month of May is referred to as the month of Grace and Favour. Usually whenever we address this topic of Grace, we almost always limit it to the expression of the unmerited favour of God towards us. There is also the context of realising that we are to demonstrate the Grace of God towards us by our giving in appreciation to Him. As Apostle Paul enjoined the church in Corinth, the grace of giving is also something that we give and should abound in: ''..... just as you excel in everything — in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us see that you also excel in this grace of giving.'' 2 Corinthians 8:7,
Whilst also continuing in 2 Corinthians 8:9, Paul gave the example of the grace of giving as demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ: ''For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich''. That is, we will abound in this grace, when we model our lives after the example of Jesus, who despite His abundant riches, made Himself poor so that we might become rich through the salvation that comes from His sacrifice. Therefore I enjoin you to approach this month of Grace with the mindset that you want to abound in the Grace of giving.
Our nation is going through tumultuous times in her economy. Many people are suffering due to lack of income, some from their paid employment and others from their businesses. Civil servants have not been receiving their salaries as at when due for many months now. Businessmen and women have also been experiencing diminished income as a result of the falling value of the Naira, which has caused high inflation and made their capital and profit to reduce in value. It is time for those of us who have been blessed to operate in the Grace of giving. Just like the Macedonian church, who 'Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.' Let us in like manner rise up at this time to support ourselves. Our churches should also abound in this Grace by turning their attention to the welfare of members in their midst, who are going through difficult times at the moment. By this we will abound in Grace not only from the one we receive from God, but also that which we demonstrate towards our brethren. The Lord will help us as we demonstrate this love in this season of Grace.
The Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
Have a wonderful month of Grace.
1. Thank the Lord for bringing you into this season of Grace, the month of May. Ask Him to visit you throughout this month and indeed for the rest of your life with Grace, Mercy and Favor.
2. Remember those who are going through some difficult times right now in their finances and ask the Lord to raise up help for them and come to their rescue. Pray that the Lord will perfect all that concerns them and meet their needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.
3. Pray for the Church of God in Nigeria and ask that the Lord will help them to live truly according to their confession of faith. That they will not just follow after receiving only, but that at this time they will open their treasuries to bless those who are in need.
4. Please pray for Nigeria and ask the Lord to breath into her economy and help her to overcome the serious situation she has found herself.
5. Please pray that the Lord will raise help for the President of Nigeria, President Mohammed Buhari; that he will be able to rise up to the occasion and do the needful for the revitalization of the economy of Nigeria.
6. Also pray for the countries of the world, where they are experiencing serious economic downturn and the scourge of terrorism. Ask the Lord to intervene in their affairs and rescue them speedily.
7. Pray for your own country in the areas where you need God's intervention and ask Him to turn to your nation that He may save her and that He will have mercy on her.
President, Grace Leadership Foundation.
Monday 1, May 2016
You can also read this message and previous ones at our web site:
This month, the Lord will make all grace abound to you, that you having all sufficiency will abound unto every good work in Jesus name..