Bible Passage: Luke 5: 1 – 10; Jeremiah 29: 11 - 15
Memory Verse; "Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?." Luke 32: 27
Simon the fisherman had a frustrating night at sea. He, along with other fishermen, toiled all night without a catch. However on this occasion, he had an unusual visitor. Jesus entered his ship and asked that he surrender it for Him to teach the people who have come to hear the Word of God. Simon willingly obliged and rowed his ship a little from the land as Jesus requested. Jesus was able to teach the people from the ship. After He had concluded teaching the people, Jesus directed Simon to row his ship into the deep and launch his nets ‘for a draught’. Apparently Jesus must have noticed the empty ship, meaning that Simon and company were not successful at their trade on that day. Simon again obeyed and he had a ‘ship breaking miracle’.
Note that Simon did not even ask Jesus for anything, but his obedience and willingness to surrender his ship and his possession in the service of Christ led him to receive beyond his expectations!
In the same way Solomon in I Kings 3:5 - 14, was requested by God to ask for three things that He should do for him as the new King of Israel. Solomon asked for knowledge, wisdom and understanding that will enable him to serve the people. He did not ask for silver or gold or victory over his enemies. He asked for enablement to properly serve the people of God. He received more than he asked for and beyond his expectations as God gave him, not only what he asked for, but also what he could never have imagined – a blessing beyond his expectations!
Our God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all we can ever ask, think or expect! However we have to play our part by making ourselves and all He has given us available in surrender, giving our lives for His service. Then we will be in the right position to receive beyond our asking and expectation, a ‘ship breaking miracle’.
This month I pray for you, you will not be found wanting in any way. God will grant you grace and you will find mercy to receive above your expectations and asking in Jesus mighty name.
The Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
1. Thank the Lord for the month of November, the pen-ultimate month in the Year 2017. He has brought you thus far unscathed. Praise His Holy name.
2. Pray that He will grant you the grace and mercy to finish the year 2017 on a good note and He will launch you safely onto the shores of year 2018.
3. Pray that the Lord will crown this year for you with a ship breaking miracle.
4. Pray that the Lord will bring back prosperity and rejoicing the streets of our nation, even as this year runs to a close.
5. Ask that He will turn around our captivity as a nation and people. That He will ease the time for us and provide the needs of the people in these difficult economic times in our nation.