Wednesday 1, January 2014
Bible Passage(s): Esther 6: 1 - 14, 7: 1- 10
Memory Verse: “Remember me, O LORD, with the favor You have toward Your people. Oh visit me with Your salvation, That I may see the benefit of Your chosen ones, That I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation, That I may glory in Your inheritance.” Psalm 106: 4 - 5
I welcome you to the year 2014. A brand new year! Whatever your experience(s) may be like last year, the Lord brought you safe into another year, intact and in good health. Give praises, honour and adoration be to His Holy name.
As we read in the reference passages, the book of Esther 6: 1 - 14, 7: 1- 10, the Lord caused King Xerxes to be unable to sleep during night until he ordered that the book of the chronicles, the record of his reign, be brought in and read to him. And when this was done, it was discovered that Mordecai had earlier saved the King from assassination in the hands of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king's officers who guarded the doorway. Despite this great and heroic act on the part of Mordecai, it was discovered that no recognition came his way and his good act was forgotten! Rather, his life and that of his brethren, the Jews, was being threatened for destruction by their ark enemy, Haman. However, at the nick of time, the Lord caused the book of remembrance to be opened and Mordecai's life and that of his brethren was preserved. Not only were their lives preserved, God caused them to be celebrated and recognised. The gallows that the enemy prepared to hang them became the waterloo of Haman, their enemy.
The Lord is saying to us this year that He will cause the record books to be opened and read at critical places and junctions in our lives. That all the plots and devices of the enemy to harm us, deny us our rights to total wellbeing and wholesome health, prosperity and abundance, breakthrough and outstanding success in the work of our hands and Ministry shall be turned against them. And in places where hitherto, we have been despised and ridiculed, we shall be celebrated this year in Jesus name. Our tears and anxiety of the past will be wiped away and be no more.
This year the Lord will remember us with the favour that He has towards His anointed ones. We shall be specially visited with His salvation and we will receive the benefit of His chosen ones. The Lord says we shall rejoice, this year and glory in the inheritance of His saints in light. His grace will be continually available to us throughout year 2014 and at every turn of the road, we shall see His face and receive His mercy. I pray that year 2014 will be the best we have ever experienced in Jesus mighty name.
Therefore, going forward, you'll go out in joy, you'll be led into a whole and complete life. The mountains and hills will lead the parade, bursting with song. All the trees of the forest will join the procession, exuberant with applause. No more thistles, but giant sequoias, no more thorn bushes, but stately pines -Monuments to GOD, living and lasting evidence of GOD. - Isaiah 55: 12 -13 (The Message Bible).
The Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
Have a glorious year 2014 and a wonderful new month.
Prayers for the month
1. Thank the Lord for bringing you safely into the year 2014. It is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our sight. Therefore pray that all the glory, honour, praise and majesty be unto Him.
2. Pray that the Lord will perform all that He has purposed for you this year. That He will cause the book of remembrance to be opened for you. Mention those areas where the enemy has caused you to be forgotten and pray the Lord to cause there to be a remembrance according to His Word.
3. Pray that the Lord will consolidate all that He has done for you and that you will move from greater heights to greater heights in all areas of your life this year.
4. Pray for your nation and ask the Lord to bring back her captivity. That He shall fill your mouths with laughter and your tongue with singing. That He will cause them among the nations to wonder in amazement, saying, 'the Lord has done great things' for Nigeria.
5. Pray that the Lord will do great things for and in your country and that He will make you to rejoice in the gladness of your nation this year.
Grace Leadership Foundation