Bible Passage(s): Luke 5: 1-7; 1 Kings 18: 41 -46
Memory Verse: “And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of
abundance of rain. So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,'' 1 Kings 18:41-46
After a prolonged drought or heavy toil, God always reward His people with an abundance that is much more than they can handle. In such cases, they will require help from others to fully gather and reap the abundance God has blessed them with.
The stories in the Bible passages above tell us; first, what happens when Jesus comes on the scene in our lives, and the result when we obey His commands. The second story tells of the impact of faith and belief in God, in His words, persistent prayers and obedience.
In the first story, Peter and his fellow fishermen had toiled all night long at a profession in which they were specialists. They have been fishermen all their lives, they were familiar with every inch of space on river Jordan and they knew and understood when and where to cast their nets to make a catch. Unfortunately, on this particular night, all their efforts and toil were in vain! They could not make any catch! So they were returning dejectedly to their homes frustrated and disappointed. This story may be true for some of us. We have done all that we know to do these many days or even years without having a breakthrough. It seems all hope is lost and the future looks bleak!
However when Jesus came on the scene and gave a command, the story of the fishermen changed. This was possible because Peter and company obeyed the directives of Jesus Christ to pull out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch. They obeyed, though their experience all through the night proved otherwise, but because Jesus said so, they obeyed and the result was abundant catch to the extent that their nets began to break. They had to call for help from other fishermen to enable them fully take in their abundance. Even then the boats were so full that they began to sink. This is the message of the Lord for you this month; you will receive so much abundance that you will need others to help you so that your boat or receptacle will not sink from the weight of the great abundance you will receive. That is you will be blessed to the extent that you will be a blessing and the blessed will call you blessed.
In the second story, Elijah having received the word of God on the prolonged famine in Israel went to show himself to King Ahab, because God wanted to send rain upon the earth and bring an end to the famine. In the process, Elijah had an encounter with the Prophets of Baal and he was able to prove and show all Israel who the real God is. He subsequently killed all prophets of Baal and restored the name of God. After this Elijah gave Ahab the word of God as recorded in verse 1 Kings 18:21, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain. He prayed to God and God brought rains to the land! Your prayers have come to the attention of God and this month. The book of remembrance has been opened to your page. The drought and famine you have been experiencing is over! God is bringing the rain on your sun scotched, parched landscape; the former and the later rain at the same time. Your granaries will be full till it runs over in Jesus mighty name.
So get up, go out and step into the abundance which God has provided for you. Despair no more; there is a sound of the abundance of rain. Your month of abundant catch and harvest is here!
The Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, may the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
1. Thank the Lord for His Word to you this month. Praise His name because He never fails and never changes His mind. He is a God and Father who is faithful and never changes His mind.
2. Take a proactive step and move according to the command of God to you this month of the resurrection of Jesus Christ our Saviour. Receive your breakthrough and enter into the abundance of God for your life. Ask God for Grace and enablement to be sensitive and obedient to His promptings and direction.
3. Pray against anything that may distract you from hearing and obeying the Words and commands of God.
4. Pray for the men of God all over the world and ask the Lord to give them ears that hear correctly and minds that accept and do the will of God. That they will hear rightly and deliver the heart of God to His people this month and always.
5. Pray for your nation and ask that the Lord will bring about her abundance and breakthrough this month.
6. Pray for our world and ask the Lord to bring about a dramatic change in the affairs of the nations. That all nations shall come to Him in obedience and surrender to do His will.
7. Pray against the acts of terrorism in your nation and our world. Ask the Lord to bring them and their sponsors to their knees at the foot of the cross of Christ in this season of the remembrance of His resurrection.
8. Pray for all who are sick, known and unknown to you. Ask the Lord to come with healing on His wings and completely heal and make them whole.
This month you shall enter into the abundance that God has provided for you. You will be blessed to the extent that you will be a blessing and people shall call you blessed. The Lord is with you.