Bible Passage(s): Genesis 39 & 40
Memory Verse: “Genesis 39: 2 - 4"
Still on the topic, The Abiding presence of God, the Message of Grace for February 2019, we continue this month to further examine and consider the implications of the abiding presence of God.
The name Immanuel simply means ‘God with us”. This is the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. He came into the world as man to bring salvation and restoration of our relationship with God. Therefore as we
………., I am reminded of this song by Chris Bowater,
In Your presence I am content
In Your presence there is light
Expressions of Your life
Revelations of Your pow’r and might
In Your presence I can bring
my love songs of fering,
I’m in the presence of my King.
As we proceed in this year of Harvest, there is a major requirement for us to enable us fully reap the harvest that God has provided for us. This is the abiding presence of God. We need the abiding presence of God to be with us always, as it was with Joseph and even the children of Israel as they journeyed through the wilderness towards their Promised Land, Canaan.
The reference passage is the story of Joseph’s life in Egypt. We know what happened to Joseph and led made him to become a slave in the house of Potiphar in Egypt. However, we find in this story that despite his predicament, the Lord’s abiding presence was with him. Let us examine the consequences of the abiding presence of God as was demonstrated in the life of Joseph.
1. It makes you to prosper, succeed in all that you do and you will have favour with everyone (verses 2– 4)
2. You will be conscious of the evil of sin and run away from it. That is you will live a righteous life. Verses 9 and 11 – 12 tells us that Joseph ran away from Potiphar’s wife, who wanted him to commit fornication with her.
3. You may be wrongly accused for your righteousness (verse 13 – 14) and even be persecuted for no just cause (verses 19 – 20), but in every situation you find yourself, God’s abiding presence will make you to find favour everywhere you go. Joseph found favour, even in the prison (verse 20 – 21)
4. God will always find a way for you and you will always be the head and the leader. (verse 22 – 23, 41: 39 – 40)
5. Your gifts and God’s abiding presence will always make a way for you – Genesis 40.
6. You will receive wisdom that will enable you gain the goodwill of the rulers, your superiors and helpers of destiny. (Genesis 41: 37 – 40; Acts 7: 9m- 10)
This year, I pray that God’s abiding presence will bring to you your helpers of destiny, who will assist
you to bring in your harvest in full, in Jesus mighty name.
May the Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.
May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
Prayer Points for the Year 2019
1. Pray for the abiding presence of God this month and throughout this year so that you will succeed
and prosper in all that you do.
2. Pray that the Lord’s abiding presence will bring you in contact with your helpers of destiny who will
assist you to fully bring in the harvest that the Lord has provided for you this year.
This month, the Lord’s abiding presence will be with you and you will succeed and prosper in all your ways. You will find favor with God and with all men and women in Jesus mighty name.