Bible Passage(s): 1 John 4: 16 - 21
Memory Verse: “Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love’’ 1 John 4: 17 - 18
In our developing world, it is not only the rendering of help during disasters that demonstrates our love; it also includes sharing our material possessions, especially giving money to help a brother, sister or family member. The present situation in our country Nigeria brings this point further to the fore, especially in situations where workers salaries are owed for an extended period of time and money is scarce in many families. Many families have on many days found it difficult to feed. Some have their children sent back from school for their inability to pay the school fees.
Helping to meet some of these needs when you can, in your own little way goes a long way to demonstrate your love. It is not only by word of mouth, our love should also be by action. This month I encourage you to find someone to show your love to. Give out of your abundance or the little you think you have to bless others who are in need. Remember, it is not the amount that you give, but your heart attitude in the giving that matters. We are to be like Jesus Christ, whose love was perfected through us, when He gave all He had - His life, to rescue us from certain death, because of our sins and He still continues to grant us the assurance of salvation when we come to Him in penitence.
Giving is a sure way to please God and demonstrate our love for Him and for humanity.
The Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
1. Sing praises to the Lord and bless His Holy name for another new month that you have seen in the land of the living.
2. Thank Him for His faithfulness and keeping you alive all through the year 2018, from January up to November. Many of us have gone through a lot of things, but the Lord kept us safe. Praise Him for what He has done. Recount the many things He has done for you this year; the promises He has kept, provisions in all ramifications of life, safety on the roads, abundance, good health, peace and joy.
3. Ask for His help and grace to give out of what He has blessed you with to those who are in need around you.
4. Ask Him to open your eyes and direct you to those whom He wants you to bless this month, as a show of love and appreciation for what he has done for you.
5. Pray for Nigeria and ask that the Lord will help preserve our peace and cause His name to be raised as a banner over this land. That all the people will flow to Him and surrender their lives unto Him as their Lord and Saviour.
6. Ask Him to help our leaders to walk the path of righteousness and honour, doing all that is needful, selflessly serving the people and providing abundant life for all.
7. Pray that the Lord will bring back rejoicing and laughter on the streets of Nigeria once again.
The Lord will preserve you in peace, prosperity and good health throughout this month and the rest of your life in Jesus mighty name.