Saturday 1, February 2014
Bible Passage(s): Exodus 3: 1 – 9
Memory Verse: "And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows." Exodus 3:7
As we enter into the year of Remembrance, we come this month to review our past and all that we might have gone through, or what we are experiencing right now. Some of us may feel like the children of Israel; that we are in a bondage of some sort, under certain taskmasters. Taskmasters come in different guises.
They may be in the guise of sickness, oppression, bondage to sin, lack and want, inadequacy, lack of love, fear and hopelessness, barrenness and so on. Stories abound in the Bible of those who were held down by terrible taskmasters. The story of the children of Israel comes readily to mind. They were in bondage in the land of Egypt for over four hundred years. They were held down and oppressed by a king who did not know Joseph. Remember how God blessed Egypt and indeed the entire world of that day through the instrumentality of Joseph, an Israelite. Through whom, the Lord saved the world from famine and brought prosperity to Egypt. How can it then be that this same people through whom Egypt was so greatly blessed will become abhorrent and placed under taskmasters? However, at the end of four hundred years, the Lord remembered His people and sent Moses to bring them out of Egypt, to a good and a large land. The land flowing with milk and honey!
This month, the Lord has brought us into remembrance and He is bringing us into a good and a large land. ‘’…… He has come down to deliver us out of the hand of the Egyptians (those things that hold us down), and to bring us out of that land to good and large land flowing with milk and honey;’’ Exodus 3:8. So what is it that is holding you down? Is it oppression by sickness, lack and inadequacy? Is it fear of the unknown or that the devil has held your child down in bondage? Come to the Lord this month and cast all your burdens upon Him. He says that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He still has room to carry yours, if only you will cast them upon Him. The Lord has this month opened the book of remembrance to your page and the time has come, indeed the set time has come to do you well. Be honest and open to Him, He will surely bring you through.
The Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Have a splendid month.
1. Thank the Lord for His goodness and praise Him for who He is and what He has promised to do in your life this year.
2. Cast all you burdens and cares upon Him right now. Speak to Him about your hurts, the areas where the devil, the evil taskmaster, is holding you down and oppressing you and ask that He rescues and delivers you.
3. Pray that the Lord will bring you to your land; a good and a large land, this month. Where you will eat bread in plenty. Where your soul will be in peace, fully nourished and satisfied.
4. Are you under the bondage of sickness and it has been said there is no hope? Turn your sickness over to the Lord right now because the time to favor you has come, yes the set time for your healing is here! Turn everything over to Him, and the ‘Egyptians’; the symptoms you see right now, you will see them no more.
5. Praise and thank the Lord for your deliverance, for bringing you indeed to a good and a large land. Claim this by faith in Jesus name.
Grace Leadership Foundation