Bible Passage : Habakkuk 2: 1 - 4
Memory Verse; "Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.'' Hab 2:4NKJV
True righteousness before God is limited to genuine faith in the Lord. A proud person relies on self or ego, power, position and accomplishments, whereas a righteous person relies on the Lord. The righteous person is just in his dealings with God and man. He is upright and strives to live a holy life, in spite of the contradictions that face him daily.
He is a man of deep, uncompromising faith, with strong belief in the infallibility of God to perform all the He has said He will do. He does not waver or doubt in his conviction about the faithfulness of God and has learnt to wait on and for God to fulfil His counsel concerning him in the fullness of time.
Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. In essence faith is everywhere around us and we exercise it daily. However, many still struggle with their faith in God, particularly when confronted with difficult issues in their lives.
We should realise that faith is received from God: '......... God has dealt to each one a measure of faith' Romans 12:3; faith can be developed through the Word of God: 'So then faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God' Romans 10:17; faith is released through words and actions: "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.'' Mark 11:23. Finally, Faith is tested in our day to day circumstances: ''Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.'' James 1:2-4
Therefore to keep going strong in our faith in the Lord, we have to do four things (Psalm 77: 1 - 14):
1. Look up and pray, expressing how you feel to God. You can tell Him anything and ask Him anything. His answer, though may not come right away or in the form you want, but He will not criticize you. (Psalm 77: 1 - 2)
2. Look back and remember His deeds in the past. (Psalm 77:10-12)
3. Look forward! (Psalm 77:13) Anticipate the good that might come out of the situation. His ways and deeds are always perfect.
4. Look again! (Psalm 77:14). Take another look at your circumstances with the eyes of faith, reminding yourself that He is the God of great wonders and He can be trusted!
The Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
Have a wonderful month of going up.
1. Thank the Lord for making you to see the month of April - your month of going up! Pray that He will lead you through and make all things perfect for you.
2. Pray that the Lord will give you the grace to live by faith this month. That His grace will fill you with awe and grant you the opportunity to grow in wisdom to run the race, whatever the situation or circumstances that may confront you.
3. Pray that the Lord will connect you with your helpers of destiny this month. Those who are your lid openers, who will help lift up your hands like Aaron and Hur.
4. Pray for your country and ask the Lord to deliver her from those holding her down and preventing her from going up to fulfill the counsel of God for her. Ask the Lord to totally separate her from wicked and unreasonable people who are taking undue advantage of her.
5. Pray for our world and ask the Lord to have mercy on the nations of the world. Particularly those under the scourge of terrorism, war, wicked leaders, famine and hunger. Pray that the Lord will turn the hearts of our leaders back to Him so that they will serve Him and that He will save our world.
6. Pray that the Lord will deliver our world and our nations from religious bigotry and that He will bring an end to this phase of unbridled fanaticism that leads to intolerance and terrorism.
This month, the Lord will be with you. He will connect you with your helpers of destiny and you will break forth on every side. You will return with songs of joy, praising the Lord.