Bible Passage(s): Exodus 14
Memory Verse: "Then the Lord said to Moses, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground." Exodus 14:15-16 NIV
Last month we read in this same passage that, as the children of Israel embarked on their journey from Egypt to the promised land, Pharaoh and the Egyptians, realising the implication of letting Israel go, decided to get them back by all means. So when the children of Israel saw the Egyptians approaching fast, pursuing after them, they panicked and cried out to the Lord, complaining against Moses, and querying the wisdom in bringing them out of slavery to 'die in the wilderness'.
Moses calmed their fears and charged them to ''Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today."
However, in the next verse, when the Lord saw that they were transfixed on one spot, in apparent fear and horror, He queried Moses: "Why are you crying out to me? and then charged him to Tell the Israelites to move on.
Last month, the Lord spoke to us and charged us to stand still and see His salvation, which He would accomplish in our life. I believe many of us would have experienced His salvation in the month of February. We can testify to His goodness, provision and deliverance from those tormenting us, wanting to continue to keep us in perpetual slavery under them. But, this month, the Lord is telling us, You have dwelled on this mountain long enough! It is time to move and march forward! Therefore in this month of March you shall move forward and pass through the miraculous opening and enter into the abundant provisions of God for your life. The Lord will deliver you with a mighty outstretched hand and you shall enter into His inheritance, which is your promised land in Jesus name.
The Lord is asking you this month, like He asked Samuel in 1 Sam 16:1 ''How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king." The Lord says that He has made a new provision for you. Forget the past, because the brook has dried up, march forward into the glorious destiny and wonderful future which He has ordained for you! Take a step of faith and enter the into the open door which He has set before you and it shall not grieve you in Jesus mighty name. The Lord has indeed opened up new vistas of joy, abundance and breakthroughs for you in this month of March. It is the beginning of a 'New Year' for you. Only be bold and courageous, enter into your new season! It shall be a wonderful experience.
May the Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen. Have a wonderful month of marching forward.
1. Thank the Lord for bringing you into the month of March, in which you shall move on and grow great until you become exceedingly great.
2. Pray that He will separate and deliver you from all that is holding you down and preventing you from marching forward into the new season of your life.
3. Ask for new strength and the faith you require to enter boldly into your promised land this month of March and that as you move on it shall not grieve you. But it shall be an experience of great joy and abundant supply.
4. Pray that the Lord will deliver you from wicked and unreasonable people. That they will no more have a hold on your life.
5. Pray for your country and ask the Lord to deliver her from those that are holding her down, preventing her from marching forward. Ask the Lord to totally rid her of strange children.
6. Pray for our world and ask that the Lord will have mercy on the nations of the world. Particularly those under the scourge of terrorism, war, wicked leaders, famine and hunger. Pray that the Lord will turn the hearts of our leaders back to Him so that He will serve Him and that He will save our world.