Bible Passage(s): Luke 5: 1-11
Memory Verse: “When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink." Luke 5: 6 - 7.
The story in the gospel of Luke, chapter 5, verses 1 to 11 is very familiar. Simon, who was a fisherman had toiled all night in a profession in which he was an expert. This night he did not record any catch. So in frustration and disappointment, he was washing his net preparing to return home, hoping for better luck next time. Many of us may be going through the same experience as Simon right now! The economy of the nation is in such a state that our efforts over time have not amounted to much. We have not been able to make a ‘catch’ in our various endeavors and businesses.
However the story of Simon took on a different dimension when Jesus Christ emerged on the scene! As Jesus was standing by the Lake Gennesaret and the people were crowding around Him, listening to the Word of God, He saw two boats at the water’s edge and got into one of them, the one belonging to Simon and continued preaching to the people. After He had finished speaking, He instructed Simon to move out into the deep and drop his net.
Reluctantly Simon obeyed, despite the fact that he knew he had toiled all night without a catch. Simon said, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.’’ (Luke 5:5-6). They made such a catch that they had never seen in all their experience as fishermen. It was so much that they had to call on their partners in another boat to come help them. The catch was some much that their nets were breaking under the load. A net breaking miracle!
They Lord says to us this month, though thus far we have been toiling and making great efforts in our businesses, works and daily engagements without success, He is bringing our way a net breaking miracle! We will be in so much abundance that we will have to ask others to come and help us. We will be blessed to the extent that many will call us a blessing and others will be blessed through us. Therefore I urge you to stand firm, enlarge your tents for an astounding miracle is coming your way this month and indeed before the close of this year, which ‘’eyes has not seen, nor ears heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him’ (1 Corinthians 2:9). Receive His Word and be blessed in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
The Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, may the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
1. Pray that the Lord will fulfill His Word in your life as it has been given in the message of this month.
2. Ask for obedience so that you will have your net breaking miracle this month.
3. Cast all your cares and anxiety unto the Lord, present your petitions and ask Jesus to come onto the scene in your life. Pray that He will speak the Word and grant you the heart to obey.
4. Pray for our country Nigeria and ask the Lord to help us select the right men who will do His bidding.
5. Pray that He will frustrate all those who have taken the nation hostage, plundering her and making life difficult for citizens due to their selfish and wicked practices.
6. Pray that the Lord will deliver Nigeria from the hands of prodigal children. They abound everywhere, in and out of government. Wherever they are, ask that God will frustrate them in their evil plot and their selfish tendencies.
7. Pray for our world and ask that the Lord Jesus will come very soon and liberate His people who are daily being oppressed, killed and repressed in all the nations of the world.
Bola Olowe (234 – 803 3264 222)
Grace Leadership Foundation
Saturday 1, September 2018